HSC had its beginnings in the early 1950's and was known as the Waco Weco Saddle Club. When it was first organized it was primarily a quarter horse racing club. The road around the existing arena is a certified quarter horse racing track.
As the Saddle Club grew, club interest expanded into showmanship, fun shows and roping. Two other clubs were spin offs, one in Clearwater, now called the Chisholm Trail Saddle Club, was for roping and team penning events and the other in Mulvane, now called the Lucky 7 Saddle Club, was for showmanship events. The Waco Weco Saddle Club reorganized on November 18, 1964 as the Haysville Saddle Club. The Club incorporated on May 2, 1966.
The Haysville Saddle Club is a self supporting non-profit organization. It is one of the few saddle clubs in the Midwest which is associated with a city but does not draw city assistance. The Club owns and operates its own facilities for the betterment of the community. It is the purpose of this Club to provide a place for the youth and families of the area to work with horses and mules. It is also the intent of the Club to promote horsemanship, competition and a sense of fair play in a wholesome family atmosphere.